Cleaner Utility error

Tonyo

When I try running the cleaner utility in Service Manager, I get the following windows version error, but I know this doesn't make sense because we run the 32bit version of Windows, and wondering if you can advise.

Thanks.

post-12477-0-59049100-1463497557.png

Hi Tonyo,

This error is being returned because the released binary was compiled on a 64bit Windows machine, and thus will not run on a 32bit Windows machine. I'll compile a 32bit version and sent it over to you directly. Please send me your contact details in a private message.

Kind regards,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I ran the utility ok with all the amendments t the script, but then I get the error "could not login to your hornbill instance". I looked at the (conf.json ) script again, and had the correct username an password in there (mine)

Can you please advise?

Tony

post-12477-0-83328200-1463751099.png

conf error.doc

Hi Trevor,

Made the change as advised, including my user name an password, but this still returned an error. I thought it could be my username and password, so I tried the "Admin" username and password an tis still returned

an error, and not sure what I was doing wrong." could not log into your Hornbill Instance"

I also tried with being logged onto SM, and also when logged off, and this returned an error as well.

Please see attached...

Regards,

Tony

post-12477-0-74407300-1463758806.png

Hi Tony,

I've just emailed you a slightly modified version of the Hornbill Cleaner, which will output the actual API response to the screen, rather than just the currently displayed error message. I've also included a conf file, with the URL set, so you just need to add your admin account username and password in to the empty string holders for the cleaner to run. If you could try this version and post the resulting error message back here that would be great.

Kind regards,

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Tony,

Thanks for confirming that this utility is now working for you!

For any other customers reviewing this thread, the issue experienced was due to two factors:

1. An incorrectly formatted configuration file. The conf.json should contain the following information:

{
"UserName": "adminusernamegoeshere",
"Password": "adminpasswordgoeshere",
"URL": "https://eurapi.hornbill.com/instancenamegoeshere/xmlmc/",
"CleanRequests": false,
"CleanAssets": false
}

2. A customer-side corporate firewall rule blocking access to the API endpoint.

Kind regards,

Steve