Auto Assign - Team Membership Type = exclude Manager/Team Leader

At the moment Auto Assign either by Round Robin or Most Available Analyst do not appear to have have any options to configure whether they include all members of the team (i.e. including Team Leader and Manager members) or just a certain type of member.

Can a change request be raised to allow for a configuration options on both auto assign processes to allow the configuration of whether those members of the team with type Team Leader or Manager are included or excluded in the allocation process.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the post. Do you see the team lead and the manager still being available for manual assignments or are these types of users only there to oversee the team? There are a couple of approaches that could be looked into. It could be a simple right for each user that would allow them to be assigned requests or another option we have looked at is allocating one or more service owners to a service who could see and contribute to the request for this service, but unless they are assigned to the team, there would not be an option to assign a requests to them.

James

In our cases we have a mixture of teams where they they would be in the auto assignment rota and some not. I think the easiest way would be to have a third tick box (along with current Allow Task View/Action) ones against each (all) members to indicate if they are in the auto assign process.

As well as dealing with the Team Leader/Manager inclusion/exclusion, it would also allow for the scenario where you have a new joiner in the team and they are shadowing or having incidents manually assigned to them.

Cheers

Martyn

• 1 month later...

James

Has there been any further plans made regarding team membership and availability for auto assign?

We have now gone live and in order to view a Teams workload in the Request List, I have to be a member of the team, but then being a member of the team I will be picked up for auto assignment. Setting myself as unavailable stops this, but stops it for all teams and some teams I do need to be available to be auto assigned requests.

Cheers

Martyn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

There is a feature related to this that is currently being tested.  This feature allows you to select individuals that are members of a team as a member who is not available for assignment (including the auto assignments).   Provided that the test cycles are successful, we should see this delivered in an update soon after.  

Regards,

James

• 4 weeks later...

@James Ainsworth

We have just applied Service Manager 914 which includes the change " NEW: It is now possible to choose which team members can be assigned requests. This can be configured in the Admin tool, under the Service Manager tile ", so I am presuming this relates to what we are trying to do here. However I not able to spot any change in the Admin Tool under Service Manager to configure this new option. Can you point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Martyn

@James Ainsworth

I should have checked Harry Hornbill first, where you had done a video! 

I can see that the tile now, I had to force the refresh on the session as I had not logged out and back in again after applying the release.

You mention in the Video that it removes them from the Auto Assign to most available analyst which is what we want to do, but we also want to retain the ability to override this through the front end, when an issue is escalated etc.

Would it be possible to look at extending this option or having a setting which allows them to be show in the assignment list still but prompts/ask for confirmation due to them being flagged false in the Enable Assignment?

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

One of the things that I had always hoped to do was to add this type of manual escalation to the Escalation Action on the request form which currently only holds the changing of the priority.  The idea being that the available options under the Escalation Action would be a manual equivalent to the automated escalations in the Service Level Targets.  Would that fit what you are looking for?

James

@James Ainsworth

There does need to be some additional facilities around escalations and the ability to assign it to the team leader or manager of a team would be useful, however the ability to override the allocation separate to escalation would still be required, for example when you are training new staff (i.e. you do not want then to be auto allocated but be assigned requests manually) or where the team leader/manager is just helping out due to staff absence/holiday or for specific requests due to the complexity etc.

In terms of escalation process we are looking to use the a condition field as per Supportworks which could be updated by the SLA action triggers. In terms of the SLA triggers, there is the ability to send an email but not the ability to send a notification.

Cheers

Martyn

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Nothing planned at the moment @Martyn Houghton.  We are just finishing off one small change to the assignment setting on the teams where you currently have to have one person on a team enabled for assignment, you can now exclude all users on a team from assignment, and when this is the case the team will also not be available for selection in Progressive Capture or manual assignment from within the request. 

This may allow you to move your team leaders and managers into their own team and not have this team visible when assigning.  This should be available over the next couple of Service Manager updates.

Regards,

James

image.png

@James Ainsworth

Thanks, we are using separate teams at the moment as a work around, but the issue is when you do want to escalate assign an request to them you either cannot or you end up changing the team the requests is assigned too, which defeats the point of having designation of Team Leader and Managers in the organisation groups.

Cheers

Martyn

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

@Salma SarwarWe use the auto-assign for just a couple of our teams and the team managers are also members of those teams.  To make sure the team managers don't get any auto-assigned tickets they just need to make sure that their availability status up at top right is set to anything other than Available and they do not get any tickets assigned.  I suppose this depends on what you use the availability status for but this works for us.  

Hope that helps.
Damien 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...