Workspaces - text containing two single quotes together get stripped

Martyn Houghton

We are using a workspace to record SQL Statements, at the moment as part of our test data transfer to Service Manager, but going forward we use SQL Statements in a lot of our own support service, so will need to include them in workspace posts etc.

I noticed that when they are pasted in two single quotes next each to each other are stripped. Example SQL below and screen shot.

This means that when you copy them back out again to apply the fix, they are corrupted.

Cheers

Martyn

Original Source SQL

select keysearch as login_id, firstname as first_name, surname as last_name, company.companyname, email as email_1, '' as email_2, isnull(telephone,'') as telephone_1, mobiletel as telephone_2, isnull(JobTitle,'') as job_title, 'Transfered from Support Works' as description, isnull(userdb.notes,''),isnull(company.country,''), 'English (British)' as language, isnull(webflag&1,0) as Portal_Account from userdb left join company on userdb.fk_company_id=company.pk_company_id

post-3826-0-95415000-1463380096.jpg

Trevor

Thanks for the quick reply I will try using the encasing section headers.

Can I propose a change to the markup to for italic to use a less common combination, even if it is four single quotes to stick with same approach, i.e. ''' is bold '''' is italic. That way you would avoid the changing of any code, not just sql that may contain two single quotes together..

Cheers

Martyn

Trevor

The [code:sql] does indeed allow the insertion as is without corruption. Think the option for code snippets in the WiKi, needs to be updated to include the sql option as it is not listed at the moment.

If you can still raise the proposed change to alter the markup for italics not to be two single quotes together.

Thanks

Martyn

It was something I noticed that Creole uses, I was more asking out of interest for when we migrate rather than expecting to have it added.

It might be useful for some people to achieve unformatted text without using the code tags, of course, unless there's already an alternative.