Link Priority with Service

chriscorcoran

Hi Chris

Thanks for the post, and I can understand the challenge you may be having here.

Currently the Priorities are used to control the resolution timer's and as such it can become quite a long list which can result in the problem you describe.

We are currently finishing development on new Service Level Management functionality which will allow you to set response and resolution targets on much more granular options rather than just Priorities, which I hope will allow you to reduce down the number of Priorities to a much more manageable level.

The new functionality will allow you to configure global Service Levels Targets (response and resolution targets in the initial release), which can be used across the different service you offer. In conjunction with this you will also be able to configure Service Level Targets specific to individual Services you offer. Each Service Level Target you configure can be set against a different set of operational hours.

On each Service you will also have a Rules Builder for the Service Level Timers, which will allow you to set multiple rules checking for example which organisation, group, customer the request is raised against, which Catalog Item, and of course which Priority.

This will allow you to use the rules builder to manage if you have different Service Levels for the Different Service you offer, and if you offer different response and resolution targets for different customers, organisations, groups etc rather than relying solely on the Priority list, and each time you need a new resolution target you currently have to add a priority to enable this.

We are hoping to role out the new functionality quite soon, so please watch out for Harry Hornbill notifications once this is available.

In the short term one suggestion I could make is that you could look to reduce the need for analysts to pick the Priority as part of the logging process by building some logic into your supporting business processes. What I mean here is if you are using the Request Catalog functionality you can link a specific fulfilment process to each item, and in doing so you can use the Request Entity > Update Request > Priority to preset the correct Priority which should be invoked when a customer raises a request against that specific Request Catalog item, you can also use this to preset the logging category and other request attributes which are specific to the catalog item so you don't need to ask these questions during the associated progressive capture.

It is also possible to use the Request Entity > Get Information operations to evaluate who the customer / organisation is or even attributes of the customer / organisation / request followed by a decision node and custom expression to then set the priority correctly based on a specific value or flag for the request.

An example being if you have stored a value in a custom field for an organisation which will determine which level of service they should receive when they raise against a specific service or catalog item you can evaluate that value and set the appropriate priority and in turn the correct resolution target.

post-2671-0-32377000-1463206693.png

Useful resources:

Request Catalog: https://wiki.hornbil...Request_Catalog

Business Processes: https://wiki.hornbil...rocess_Workflow specifically the Get Request Information operations

I hope some of this is helpful and please watch out for Harry's notifications in the coming releases regarding our new Service Level functionality and rules builder

Thanks

Steve

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hi Chris,

I just wanted to let you know that a recent update to Service Manager now includes a number of improvements which should allow you to move away from having to manage so many priorities.  Information about these new features can be found here. This includes a video that provides an overview of how it works.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

James