Sending Emails - selecting which Shared Mailbox to send via

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for your post.

when an analyst has the rights to multiple shared mailboxes, there will be an additional pick list that becomes available above the "To:" field when sending an email from within a request. The analyst can select the mailbox from which the email will be sent.

It is also possible to specify a "Default" shared mailbox which will ensure this pick list initially presents the mailbox most favoured by the analyst. This can be set via the main Mailbox view, click on the desired mailbox and click the "Set as Default" button that is located beneath the list of folders.

Dan

• 1 month later...
Guest gregmarcroftorc

Hi Daniel,

I think this was previously working for us but it does not seem to be working properly at the moment. From the attachments you can see that ORC Customercare is supposed to be the default mailbox and emails should automatically send from there, otherwise it would say "set as default". However, we have the copy mailbox (shortly going to be removed), and when I send an email update from within an existing ticket, the sent email address is defaulting to copy. 

Do you know why this is?

Thanks

Greg

Default mailbox.png

Default mailbox2.png

The default mailbox set in your screenshot is used when the email is sent from the mailbox. When the email is sent from within a request then the source mailbox comes from this Service manager application setting: guest.app.requests.notification.emailMailbox

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Thanks Victor.

Can you advise on what mailbox name needs to be entered?

The mailbox is showing as being called ORC Customercare in the live.hornbill site, but on the Business Process we use, the mailbox name for that is called mailbox_customercare

I updated the setting above to be mailbox_customercare but it doesn't seem to have worked.

Greg

Actually it seems the issue you experience has a different root cause. The ORC Customercare mailbox - i.e. mailbox_customercare has two associated addresses: "support_copy" and "support". The default one is set currently to "support" (you can check the if you edit the ORC Customer care mailbox and go to "Addresses" tab).

I need to have a bit more thorough look into this but it seems to be a defect because the default email address when sending emails should be the address configured as default and not the first address in the list.

A quick workaround (if possible in your instance) is to remove (at least for the time being) the "support_copy" email address associated to ORC Customercare mailbox and have only "support"...

EDIT: confirmed the mailbox incorrect behavior when having more than one associated address, the source mailbox list will not have the default one as "default". I advised our developers of the issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest gregmarcroftorc

Hi @Victor, a similar issue seems to have arisen again and I am not sure how to correct it. Please can you advise?

We have 2 support email addresses we send from. These are support and supportau. When I am within the support mailbox and I click forward on an email outside of the request (which we need to do regularly), the default 'from' email address is automatically selecting supportau instead of support. It's as if the default setting has reverted to supportau for some reason.

It seems fine when clicking reply, it automatically selects support, but we need support set as default for both reply and forward when emailing from the support mailbox.

Thanks

Greg