Human Tasks - setting completion date/time

When creating a manual activity such as call back you are able to specify a date and time, but when creating a Human (manual) Task in the BPM, you can only set a priority and an expiry date, which are both static arbitrary values.

Can change request be raised to allow the BPM node to specify a date and time from a variable ( i.e. respond by or resolve by) as well as an arbitrary duration.

This way the activities created will be displayed in the correct order in the users 'My Activities'.

Cheers

Martyn

It would appear that the BPM node needs the ability to set the Due Date and it is this field we would want to able to populate with the target response and resolution date/times, as well as with an arbitrary duration of time in the future.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martin

Thanks for the post.

The options to add Start After and Due After have been added to the Expires After option for both Tasks and Authorisations.

Two options exist

1. Set an arbitrary Days, Hours, Minutes for each

2. Choose a Time Variable from the available (Get Information > Request Details) options.

Looking at option 2 above, we don't currently expose the Resolve by and Respond by dates in the Get Information > Request Details variables list but we are looking to add these options in as well.

This is currently being tested and will be available on live shortly

Thanks

Steve

post-2671-0-08431700-1462949348.png

Steve

Thanks for the details reply.

Would it not be 'Due On' as per the current activities field, rather then 'Due After' as in essence you would not actually have a target when the activity has to be completed by?

Due you expect the revised Human Task and Get Request details nodes to be released at the same time or separately?

We are trying to implement a detailed workflow process which allocates activities to the assigned analyst when the incident is open (pending) with us, with them being able to view their workload via the My Activities pages as well as by the normal Request List screen.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn

Thanks for the label feedback I have requested this is altered. These do correspond to the existing Start on, Due on options.

The additions of the Respond By and Resolve By have been added to the Get Information list but these will need to wait for the next Service Manager release to go to live before you see them as available variables.

The Changes to the Admin tool configuration on on Beta currently and once testing is complete will be pushed to live.

So the work is done but testing needs to be complete and these sit under slightly different release cycles but both will be available shortly.

As an FYI we will also shortly be releasing some enhancements to the Activities options which include a calendar view as well as the ability to view other users, groups activities in lists, boards or calendars based on rights etc which may well also be of benefit if the team will be using the activities views.

Thanks

Steve

Steve

Just wondering how the testing is going. The reason for asking is that we are about to go live and we will be linking our BPM process to existing active incidents we take over, so that new activities are created on migration.

It would be good for all our current requests to have the new BPM with Due Date element for activities, but need to determine if it is worth holding on.

Cheers

Martyn

Steve

I can see the new fields with the labels as per your original response have been added in the new (now default) Admin UI. Do you have any timescale on the next Service Manager release which will have the Respond/Resolve by values exposed in the Get Request Details?

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn

The next Service Manager release 2.26 which includes the Respond / Resolve values is currently going through the release cycle and testing phases from Dev to Beta to Live, this needs to follow due course but if this goes smoothly I would anticipate this being pushed to Live early next week if not a little sooner.

Sorry I can't be more precise but this is subject to successful progression through the various release stages.

Hope this helps

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Steve

Just applied Service Manager 2.26 and tried to up date my Human task to use the Resolve by variables, but the still do not appear to be listed. I deleted the Get Request and Human Task, in case they need to be recreated to pick up the change but still no joy. Is there something else I need to do to enable them being visible in the BPM?

Respond By is visible now, but not Resolve By. I wondering if it is a labeling issues as there does now appear to be two 'Resolution' fields now in the list?

post-3826-0-71305200-1464255909.jpg

Cheers

Martyn