Database Direct in new Admin UI

Ralf Peters

Hi,

I am trying to use the Database Direct sql query in the new Admin UI.

I seem to be able to only return max 100 rows.

It only shows one page (not the full 100 rows) , cannot see any second page or <next page>

export to csv doesn't do anything .

tried IE and Chrome -- don't think it is browser related.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Ralf

Hi Ralf,

The direct SQL query tool is not designed to deal with large amounts of data because of load it could place on the database. Its purpose is really for problem diagnosis and problem resolution type tasks. Perhaps a question I could pose is what are you trying to achieve?

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

thanks for the reply.

I asked Nadeem how to clean out our Asset data (i didn't setup the import correctly and it picked up wrong values) and was told to use database direct to empty the tables .

I also used it to change the asset type on some of our asset computer records as they were imported as Server (type 12) , i changed them to desktop ( type 2) .

What I noticed was when you run the queries in the old admin portal it allows you to select more rows to be returned and also allows you to page through the results , this doesn't seem to work in the new Admin version; maybe by desgn ?

But i like the free form sql query window better in the new version

Thanks

Ralf

Hi Ralf,

Yeah I would suggest you would be better off crafting an appropriate DELETE statement to clear out data, rather than using the tool to delete row by row. I am not sure why the difference between the old Admin tool and the new one, I will have to defer to my college on that one.

Gerry

Hi Ralf

The behaviour of the Direct Database View in the new admin tool has changed and the paging removed, this is purely down to a change in UI controls, the row limit in the bottom left will allow you to return more results which are displayed on one page to a maximum of 100.

You are saying the full 100 rows are not visible, i will investigate this and get back to you.

Edit: Have just run a test query and when you select 100 the full 100 rows are returned. What query are you trying to run?

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Hi Ralf,

From the Asset List you are able to delete multiple assets at the same time. If you start by using either the Asset Class selector or the Filter to collect the assets together that you wish to remove. You can then select the asset at the top of the list using the checkbox, and then scroll to the bottom of the list and then hold the shift key down while clicking on the last item in the list. This will then select all asset in between.

Hi Gerry;

yes I used delete and update SQL's to manipulate he data , didn't feel like ticking 400+ rows.

Hi Trevor;

ran my SQL again and you are correct it does return the first 100 rows , still the export to cvs doesn't seem to do anything.

i was running the query on the h_cmdb_assets_computer table.

Hi James;

i will try that next time !

Thanks for all replies

Ralf