Changing Barchar colours

gwynne

We cant seem to find the option to define the bar charts colours? Is there one?

If not can we have this ability you seem to be able to customise a lot around the way a graph looks but not this simple thing

Cheers

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

Do you mean you want to change individual bar colors on single series chart or just change the default color used for all the bars in a single series chart? There is no practical reason for having different color bars on a single series chart as the colors don't actually mean anything.

Cheers

post-29-0-00838300-1462449081.png

Charts in widgets, plus I we would want the option to be able to change all or individual.

I appreciate that it means nothing however you could say that about the other colour changing you over on the charts, plus it is important in terms of a branding point of view using our company colours allows these visuals which are displayed in office spaces to look the part.

So you want to be able to say "if the bar label item is 'high' then set the color to red, If the bar label item is "low" then set the color to blue" basically put in procedural logic to determine the color of a bar? Are you then going to want to say "if the bar label item is 'high' and the value is > 50 set the bar color to pink" ?

Cheers

Actually not as logic driven . I just want an option to set bar chart colour. Like I say its more for the visual piece so that the look and feel is constant :) I know its a simple thing but people here like things on brand and if its not the right blue 'sacrilege'

Hi Gareth,

I had a look atvthis earlier today and it is all feasible so I will look at adding this as a feature in next week that allows you to define the bar color per data item along with a default bar color to apply.

I will let you know when its out on live.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gareth,

Sorry for the delay. I have now done this work and i have put it out internally for the guys to test and work with. Assuming that it is accepted you will see this feature in an up coming release. Look out for admin tool release notes.

You will be able to match a data label to a bar/slice color, so for example "when data label is status.closed set the bar or slice bgcolor to yourpreferedcolor". The setup for this can be found in the data-source propertysheet for charts of data type measure group by, measure samples group by and sql group by.

There is also a new "Data Background Color" property in the chart options propertysheet, that when set will set the default background color of any bars/slices that do not have a data label/color pairing.

Cheers