PCF answers as variables in email templates

chriscorcoran

Hi

I have created a new progressive capture process for internal staff to use when ordering buffets for meetings through the service portal. I've use custom forms in the business process to ask for the following questions.

Date & Time Required:

No. of People:

Job Number:

Authoriser:

Special Requirements:

When the call is logged it shows in the service desk under the Questions section, this is fine but in email the customer gets they don't see what they have logged as I cant find the variables for the questions I have asked in the progress capture custom form, see attached screenshots

post-12493-0-29152100-1461940132.png

post-12493-0-65969000-1461940135.png

post-12493-0-52440700-1461940137.png

post-12493-0-20195600-1461940140.png

Hi Tina

Thanks for your post. This looks like a really good application of the custom forms, and there is nothing you have done wrong here.

Currently it is not possible to include the answers to questions from custom forms into the email templates. We are aware of this and have a change in place to resolve this in the coming releases, this is very high on the priority list so watch this space.

In the meantime, as you are utilising the custom forms and questions, and you have fulfilment processes in place, the following information on our wiki does explain how you can inject request and question variables into tasks which are associated to the fulfilment process, if you are using tasks and want to include the answers into the tasks which are assigned out: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Request_Variables

Regards

Steven

• Like 1

• Victor changed the title to PCF answers as variables in email templates