Different email templates for automated emails and emails sent from requests

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Hi,

I have noticed that when I raise a new request, on the timeline it shows that "An email has been sent to... using email template <template name> by the Business Process Engine. This makes sense.

However, when I click on the Envelope icon to send an email to the requester to provide an email update, it sends an email to the requester and uses another email template. How do I see which template that is, and what is causing it to send that specific template? I assume this is linked to the BPM workflow or Progressive Capture but I cannot spot where.

It's also odd because I stumbled across one template that was being used automatically when providing an update for an external customer and I managed to amend this. However, on a request for one of our internal staff, it seems to be sending the previous template that I thought I had amended. I need to be able to amend this one too as it doesn't send the update that I type out in the box of the request, it seems to be sending the text of the initial request so I assume it is using an incorrect variable.

Can someone help with this and if you need any more info from me like screenshot then that's fine, I can provide them.

Thanks

Greg

The email template used when analysts send (manual) emails from a call is managed from/by a Service Manager application setting: app.email.template.request.sendMessage (screenshot below)

Emails sent by BPE (Business Process Engine) are configured in the BP. You would need to look at the BP configuration and identify the "Email Customer/Contact" nodes and see what email template they use. This is entirely dependent of your BP configuration.

post-11251-0-85674700-1461861628.png

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the post. The templates used when sending emails are controlled by service manager application settings within the admin tool.

In the new admin tool they can be found under Service Manager -> Application settings.

If you type app.email.template.request.* into the search field you will get a list of settings each of which will have an email template name set against it.

With regards to the specific setting for sending emails from the request details (envelope), it uses the setting app.email.template.request.sendMessage which by default normally uses the email template named Request Message

Hope that helps.

Dave.

Greg

Just to add an extra dimension to this, it is also possible that you can set different email templates to be used when manually emailing out from a request based on the Service the Request is logged against and the Request Type. This is all configured in the Services configuration in Service Manager.

More information about configuring different email templates to be used when manually sending emails from requests raised against different services and request types can be read here on our wiki: https://wiki.hornbil...ex.php/Services under Email Templates. This will explain how this works with the default email setting both Dave, and Victor refer to above and the other options available to you.

As Victor indicates the email templates sent automatically by the business process engine can be configured in the appropriate email nodes in the business process tool.

Wiki: https://wiki.hornbil...rocess_Workflow > Automated Tasks > Email Notifications

Hope this helps

Steven

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Thanks for the responses, that has been useful. May have some questions later on but that's all for now.

Greg

• Victor changed the title to Different email templates for automated emails and emails sent from requests