Update notification emails have stopped

AndyColeman

Since updating to the latest Service Manager last Wednesday our Analyst Email Update notifications have stopped working, i.e. customer emails into Hornbill with the ticket ref in subject, system autoresponder adds the email into the timeline based on the ref in subject but the analyst/owner isn't receiving an email stating there has been an update applied via email.

guest.app.requests.notification.notificationType.emailUpdate - set to "Both"

Hornbill notifications are working but email notifications are not.

This was working previously but has stopped since updating Service Manager.

I can confirm that the Assignment email + hornbill notifications are still functioning correctly.

guest.app.requests.notification.notificationType.assignment - again set to "Both"

Hi Andy,

this has been reported to the relevant development teams and we're doing some investigation. Will get back to you once we have some more information.

Thanks for this. I am conscious with the team not currently not receiving email updates, we are going to be falling behind with our tickets very quickly and users who are updating tickets will start losing faith in the system so any speedy fix would be massively appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Dan, I can confirm this is now partially working.

Working - if a user emails in to hornbill and I or someone else manually links/assigns the email to an existing ticket the owner gets an email stating there has been an update applied to that ticket.

Not working - if a user replies to a receipt (i.e. subject has ticket ref number), routing rule auto links/assigns the email to that ticket ref. No email is sent to the owner.

Hornbill notifications still work for either of the above.

Any feedback would be appreciated as we really need to both ways working consistently.

Thanks,

James

• 1 month later...

We have the setting "both" and are only getting the Hornbill notifications (not the email, which we want too).

Hi James, Lee & Nasim,

We're looking at working on this in the coming week or so and should have this functionality available in the next few releases. Once we know more, we'll update the post.