Latest Changes

gwynne

Hello,

I just installed the latest update and noticed two bits of text I though may interest me

•NEW: Added notifications for request owner/team members on request update from service and customer portals by end users

What does the above do and how do I set it?

•FIX: Services and teams are both respected when filtering the request list

I have tried filtering against a service however it still only brings back the info from the team I am associated with?

Hi Gwynne,

To enable notifications to analysts after updates to requests via the portal you will need to enable the service manager application setting. This can be found by navigating to the service manager settings in the Hornbill Admin Tool. The setting is located on page 4 and is called guest.app.requests.notification.notificationType.portalUpdate.

Regarding the fix to the request list, it is only possible when building a custom view to select teams that you are a member of. What was happening before is that if you created a view that included a service that you support but you were not a member of the team that the request was assigned to then you could not see it. This has now been fixed.

Regards,

Alex

post-9736-0-78783500-1461234995.png

• Like 1

Hi gywnne

Thanks for your post.

•NEW: Added notifications for request owner/team members on request update from service and customer portals by end users

This allows individual request owners, or the team owning a request to be notified if the end user updates the request via the portal. This is to compliment the other notification options which exist for email updates, re-assignments etc, All of the notifications options can be configured in the system settings and this is documented on our wiki on the link below.

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Notifications

•FIX: Services and teams are both respected when filtering the request lis

The request list is context sensitive so it will only show you requests you are entitled to view. This will include requests you own personally, ones you are following, one's where you have been added as a member, as well as any requests which belong to teams you are a member of. In addition it is also possible for you to view requests which have been raised against services which your teams support.

Filtering using the views builder and 'Service' and then a specific service should return all the requests raised against that service, if your team supports that service along with any other requests which are logged against that service but sit with other teams which also support that service.

Setting up which teams support a Service is documented on our wiki at the link below.

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Services

I hope this helps

Steven

• Like 1

It does to some degree basically its a question I raised earlier all the teams are part of the same service, I can see al the jobs in all my service tab however if I filter say service = 'service name' owner = 'not set' I can only see the not set job from the team I am associated with not the service.

Not a major issue for me but my line manager who wants a complete overview of all jobs does not want to be associated with any of the teams as they don't do the technical work they just want to quickly filter the service tickets for all teams.

Hi Gywnne

We are looking at options for the users like your manager who don't want to members or teams' as they don't do the technical work and they don't want the option for requests to be able to be assigned to them.

When Teams are defined in the admin tool we have the containers for type of membership to the team - Manager, Team Lead, and Member. We will be looking at how we utilise these to facilitate requirements like your managers whilst still respecting the context of the request lists around team memberships, but this is not a current development we have scheduled.

In the meantime your manager can gain visibility of the the requests across the different services by being part of a team which supports them, or by having a team like 'Management' which would again be associated to the Services so whilst no requests would be directly assigned to them they could view all requests across all services from the request list, or the reporting in the admin tool would allow them to create reports and management dashboard content across all services.

We will update you when this requirement progresses.

Steven

• 11 months later...

@gwynne

Just a progress update in this area, we did release a feature which would allow your manager to be a member of all the teams which they are interested in monitoring, but by using the option in the admin tool, they would not be visible to have requests assigned to them from the assignment options - but they would be members of teams to be able to view all requests. 

This is in the admin tool, and you can add them to the teams, and then disable the assignment for them per team, as shown below.

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 16.39.48.png

Steve