Self Service portal for Hornbill customers

Hello,

I have raised a request to Hornbill Support asking whether or not we can monitor our own / our organisation's active calls we have with Hornbill via their very own Customer Service Portal, and the response is that there is currently nothing available.

Can we have some clarity on the development of your Portal if at all? How long might it be before we see it's light of day?

It's great that we have one for our customers, but being your customers it makes sense that there should be one for us to use.

I have an idea on how it could work, maybe have another button on the left hand side in the Hornbill Collaboration that links to...

1. Calls you have raised to Hornbill

2. Calls your organisation have raised to Hornbill (with a username search)

3. An area to raise Feature requests (to be able to vote) or to view a Bug List of all known error messages and fixes.

It can be view against certain job roles if required.

See the image below, i have created this mock up using GIMP.

post-12454-0-68115300-1460992641.png

• Like 1

Hi Sam,

thanks for you post.

You have correctly identified that we as yet do not promote a Hornbill Portal for our customers. Our chosen support model is first and foremost aimed at building a thriving Community where, just like on the Hornbill Platform, subscribers can discuss and contribute to various Hornbill topics.

The second objective was to break down barriers and enable our customers to quickly and easily raise issues with our Application Support Team without even having to log in to a portal each time and having to remember log in credentials. This is now available to do via our web form: https://www.hornbill.com/request/

The introduction of our Portal is on the agenda, but at present I can't be more specific than that.

Dan

Hi Sam,

thanks for you post.

You have correctly identified that we as yet do not promote a Hornbill Portal for our customers. Our chosen support model is first and foremost aimed at building a thriving Community where, just like on the Hornbill Platform, subscribers can discuss and contribute to various Hornbill topics.

The second objective was to break down barriers and enable our customers to quickly and easily raise issues with our Application Support Team without even having to log in to a portal each time and having to remember log in credentials. This is now available to do via our web form: https://www.hornbill.com/request/

The introduction of our Portal is on the agenda, but at present I can't be more specific than that.

Dan

Hello Daniel, thank you for your response.

Your explanation makes a lot of sense as well as it sounds positive.

We will keep a log of all calls we make to yourselves using a spreadsheet as an alternative to the portal until the portal arrives.

This topic can be closed.

Thanks,

Samuel

• Victor changed the title to Self Service portal for Hornbill customers