Workspaces - Multi Line Comment and Answers

Martyn Houghton

At the moment you can add a multiple lines of text into 'Posts', i.e. you can use the carriage return (Enter) to layout and enter a large amount of sturtured text into a the post. But when entering a Comment or Answer, you are only able to inserts one continuous string of text as it is submitted when you press Enter.

Is there any plans to apply the same UI process as with a Post when you press a button to submit you Comment or Answer?

Cheers

Martyn

• 8 months later...

Hi Martyn,

I just wanted to revisit this post to see how you are getting on with how the Comments are submitted.  The behaviour of having the comments submitted when Enter is pressed is common to many well known social media tools which is in part why we adopted this approach.  Now that you have been working with Hornbill from some time now, I was wondering how you feel about this functionality.

Regards, 

James

@James Ainsworth

We have got used to it now and at least you are able to edit it if you forget as long as someone does not go in and comment on it straightaway. As raised in a separate thread we still think there should be a mechanism to edit (with versioning) posts and comments which are not the last comment in the chain, so as to correct information/knowledge being captured in the the work spaces. The reason being is that if a post has a large number of comments you will only get the original and the last set of comments so you could miss a comment in the middle correcting the advice/information in the original post.

Cheers

Martyn