Workspace Catalogs/Hierarchy

Martyn Houghton

Related to my earlier post on structured searches, https://forums.hornbill.com/index.php?showtopic=8271, are there any plans to implement a folder or group structure to the Workspaces so that they can be organised into seperate catalogs/hierarchy rather than just a single container?

The reason being is that as the volume workspaces grow, locating or identify workspaces will become harder. Also with multiple business area's using the tool, this could be come quite unwieldy.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn

Various option shave been discussed internally but no formal plans i will we raise this with development and see if there are any plans to bring in some form of organisation to workspaces in the near future.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Hi Martyn,

The original concept behind workspaces is they would be self-organising, inasmuch as a single person can only realistically participate in a finite number. Organising into a hierarchy like a folder structure feels to me like a bit of a step backwards. My observation is people are generally not very good at naming folders let alone hierarchical structures so enabling something like that would create the opportunity for people to create a mess. That being said we do need to do something, possibly with tagging or searching to make it easy for people to locate and even organise their workspaces. There are no immediate plans in the 90 day horizon but its something thats been bubbling up from time to time so its bound to get some attention soon.

Gerry