Searching for users in the Admin tool is not working

nasimg

Search under "users, roles and organisation" doesn't work for our instance. It generally returns no value, although a couple of users can be found (common thing about them is they have status 0)

Is this a known issue or should I log a defect?

Hi Nasim

This is a known issue where the Indexer would not be correctly populated.

The user and roles lists have been improved to have searching built in which has been found to be much more reliable and will be available in the an coming release of the Admin Tool, i will back when this is available.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Hi Nasim,

in the mean-time, it should be possible to index these records through the Hornbill Administration UI. When logged in with the Admin User Account, in the context of Instance Configuration > Data > Index Storage, check the "Entity" index storage and from the small drop down menu on the top right select "re-index selected", and "New".

This should only be performed out of hours in order to avoid any potential impact to other users currently logged in.

Let me know if that helps.

Dan

Thanks Daniel, I tried your suggestion under our admin account (out of hour) and it tried to reindex but not all the process were successful. I'll try again tonight.

• 1 month later...
  • Victor changed the title to Searching for users in the Admin tool is not working