Mandatory closure category when closing a request [Available in build 2.31+]

Tina.Lapere

I posted this a while back but didn't receive any response so I'm trying again!

Is it possible t make sure that when a call is closed that the Analyst has to select the relevant closure category? This can be done in Supportworks.

Currently a call can be closed without a closure category which will mess up the reporting.

Thanks

Tina

• Like 1

Hi Tina,

In the next Service Manager update (3.23) there will be a new Service Manager BPM operation for "Suspend and Wait for Closure Category". This will not make the selection of the closure category mandatory, but it will prevent the workflow from continuing until the Closure Category has been provided. I know that this may not fulfil exactly what you are looking for but you may find that it helps. Until a mandatory option is available you may also consider a check in the BPM once the request has been closed to see if the closure category has been populated and if not take it from closed back to resolved and notify the request owner or assign them a task to set it.

Just so that you can see the interest in this feature.

We are eagerly waiting for this to be mandatory as reporting back on resolution profiles is a problem at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tina,

if you're following a business process, you could use the automated task that fetches the request details to power a decision node. If the closureCategory is empty then you could create a new human task for the owner of the request (or perform any other suitable action).

The Business Process engine is possibly the most flexible and best place to look to configure the behaviour of requests. We are also looking at adding an application setting that would allow you to set the default behaviour for the selection of a closure category on all requests. This is still currently in the planning stage and not scheduled yet. I'll update this post once it is scheduled.

Hi James, I'm really glad to hear that you are looking at making the closure category a mandatory field - this is what we've been waiting for to get some proper stats and proactive problem management. Sooner the better please.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We've done that, but it's another task altogether having to go through the list each week to sort it out. At least this way having it mandatory you can guarantee you are getting the right call closure.

2 hours ago, DeadMeatGF said:

Make the biggest culprit each week be the one to go through the list ;)

Haha great idea :lol: We'll see what we can do lol!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The ability to configure the Closure Categories as mandatory has been included in the latest Service Manager build 2.31.  A new application setting has been provided which can be set within Administration under Service Manager -> Application Settings

servicemanager.request.closureCategory.default.required

Enabling this will make the closure category mandatory on all requests.

Thanks James I've applied and tested - it does what it says on the tin.Thanks James I've applied and tested - it does what it says on the tin.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Victor changed the title to Mandatory closure category when closing a request [Available in build 2.31+]
  • Victor locked this topic