BPM - ability to move nodes

Hi,

Is it possible to move nodes between different stages within the BPM? Since the update to Services and the creation of the Request Catalogue I can now split out some of my BPM's which is great as I can now define the stages but I really don't want to be creating all the nodes again.

If it isn't currently available is it something that can be added?

Thanks

Tina

Hi Tina,

One of our developers will post here to confirm but i believe we are going to implement Cut/Copy/Paste on the nodes so you can select one or more nodes, copy (or cut), switch to the other stage and paste.

Gerry

• Like 1

Hi Tina,

I will be looking at this today with the hope of providing the ability to, as Gerry mentions, to cut/copy and paste nodes between stages of a process. I envisage you will select a node or nodes and right click and select "copy" or "cut". You will then go to another stage and right click on bpm canvas and choose "Paste". I will probably add some toolbar buttons as well though i am concious of making the toolbar too cluttered so will see how it looks.

Also I will avoid using the browser clipboard as this can cause security prompts etc depending on browser settings. So the copied/cut nodes will only be in memory for the duration of the browser session.

I will let you know here how i get on.

Cheers

Hi Tina,

Just to let you know that we have implemented this feature and it is currently in our internal beta environment. Once everyone is happy with it we will release it to live.

Right click on canvas to get the popup.

The option to cut or copy is enabled if you have one or more NODES selected.

The option to paste is enabled if you have cut/copied one or move NODES . You can paste into any stage in the process.

The option to delete is enabled if you selected any NODES or CONNECTIONS.

When copying or cutting multiple nodes you do not need to select the connections, just the nodes. The connections will be re-created when you paste.

So look out for this feature in the next week.

Cheers

post-29-0-94103700-1460621214.png