Service manager doesn't like apostrophe's in the username

nasimg

Customers with apostrophe's in their username eg. John.O'Shea@local.gov.uk are not able to log onto to the system, has anyone seen this. To get around this I've had to recreate the accounts without the apostrophe.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks we are on Server build 2497, I've raised a ticket which I assume would be resolved when the build is available.

• 1 month later...

Hi Nasim,

Just wanted to let you know that we pushed a number of fixes which went to live as of this morning. The use case has been a little unusual for us, but as it turned out we had far less than ideal automated test coverage on the platform for this specific thing. We have now rectified that with vastly better test coverage and in the process identified a number of areas that needed properly addressing, this was specifically around the use of single quotes in some areas relating to SQL record primary keys when building entity relationships and other such things. We have to acknowledge its a failing our part, primarily in having adequate test coverage which is why it appeared we had found one problem after another. Anyway, the net result is we have solved all of the problems we can see and don't expect there to be any others. I will of course caveat that with, it could be remotely possible we have missed something so if we have, rest assured we will do something about it.

Thanks for your patience while we got this addressed. If you do run into any other problem please let us know and we will make it a priority.

Thanks,

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Much appreciated - I'm selling the system to managers down here but when this sort of issue crops up, my confidence took a little knock. Good to know you've indentified the defect and have hopefully rectified it. Do you know when I'll be able to test it?

Nasim

Hi Nasim,

Your welcome. I understand the confidence thing, I hope though that what we will demonstrate consistency is our commitment and ability to identify problems and fix them quickly because of our continuous delivery process. I can never make a promise that nothing will ever be broken but I can make an absolute commitment that anything broken will get fixed and quickly too.

Its live now so you should be able to test whenever you are ready.

Gerry