Show SLA information on customer portal

nasimg

In support works customers could see the logged by, respond by, fix by and resolved by date of their request on the portal.

In service manager they can only see the logged by and who is the owner on the Service Portal.

Is there a reason why we don't show them this info, its available on the Live Portal so analyst's know. I think it would stop a lot of customers asking the simple question of when would their request be completed.

Forum Admin Edit: The functionality was provided in one of the earlier Service Manager builds. This thread is now locked.

In my experience it will only encourage customers to complain that you haven't placed enough urgency on the job and it should have a resolution target of 10 minutes ago ... however, if displaying it is optional there's no problem having it available.

• Like 1

I agree that information about how you are doing on the response and resolution timers are needed, but also optional for those that don't wish to publish it.

One thing that I want to consider when this is added is how to best display this to a customer/user. We could start simple and just show the target times as a support person would see it. However, when we start to take the on-hold option into consideration, the customer may also see these times change and I think it would be important for the customer to understand why it has changed. Throw in operational hours, something that everyone on the desk may understand but an end user may not know anything about and you get the confusion of why the 3 day fix is set to be completed in 5 days.

Longer term plans are to extend the Heads Up display in the portals to help represent the targets in a more visual way.

Happy for it to be optionally - my experience is its better to let the customers have the SLA info (after all its whats been agreed). Appreciate the points you made but having had this sort of info available for our past systems, it seems a backward step not to be able to show it (if you want).

• 1 month later...
  • Victor changed the title to Show SLA information on customer portal
  • Victor locked this topic