Moving calls between boards

Hi

I have two boards, one is first line team (ServiceDesk) and new calls raised show in this board OK and in the correct board list. When I assign the call to a new team secondline I want the call to appear on the teams own board. Is it possible to move between boards? If so do you have to remove requests from one board before adding to another board?

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

A request card can be on multiple boards at the same time. You can manually associate the request to the new Board when you do the assignment. This request will remain on the original board until manually removed.

It is also possible to automate the adding of requests to Boards using the BPM Workflow. At a particular stage of a request or after the completion of a BPM action you can add a BPM Automated Task to associated the request to a Board including adding it to a particular list. You can also remove a request from a board when a request reaches a particular stage in the process. Documentation on the Business Process Workflow can be found here

Another way to automate adding requests to a board is by adding escalation events associated to a Service Level. To read more about Escalations go here

Thanks James

I have managed to automate a number of the boards now, my only issue is when I assign the call from the servicedesk to 2nd line (no owner) I want it to move to the teams board with a list called new calls no owner but I cant seem to find where in the business process I can add the node so that the call appears in the correct place on the board. See Business Process attached, any ideas?

Regards

Chris

Boards.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

You have a decision node following the "Get Request Information". This decision node has an option to go "To Second Line" which I'm assuming is that path that you are referring to. If this takes you to the second stage, Facilities, then you could have the "Add Request to Board" task as one of the first nodes of that Facilities stage.

Using this automated task you should be able to add the request to the appropriate board and list.

AddRequestToBoardBPM.PNG

There is a also a "Remove Request from Board" Task as well if you have a board that it was previously added to which you now want to remove it from.