Waiting for call assignment

I have a process that I want to wait for a call owner to be assigned but I don't want the timers to be affected (eg call not put on hold) and then to automatically continue when the call is assigned (so without a separate human task)

post-12043-0-10528200-1456837395.png

Hi Kelvin

The following automated task should do the trick

post-8238-0-76563200-1456840557.png

This will suspend the BPM process (Not the request) awaiting a new request owner and on success moves stage, this can be any node.

Is this what you are looking for?

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Hi Kelvin

You should have the available outputs from the Automated Task available as shown here:

post-8238-0-68907800-1456841196.png

For the example i set mine to success as the outcome from the Assignment should be a success.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Hi Kelvin

i will double check but i believe putting "outcome =="success" " should work, this is what happens when we are running the updated Admin Tool internally and some things have been fixed / improved.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Hi Kelvin,

thanks for letting us know. Your approach in using the "Wait for Request Owner" is sound. If the request does not have an owner, and you wish to suspend the workflow until an owner is assigned, then this is the operation to use.

The other operation "Wait for New Request Owner" is used in the scenario when the request already has an owner, but you want to suspend the workflow until a different agent takes ownership of that request.

Thanks again for posting back.

Dan