Resizing the Company Logo on Portals - Released in server build 2495

Kelvin

On the wiki is states "company logo should not exceed 300 pixels in width and 30 pixels in height" is this set in stone as we have a logo which would need to be taller to display at a readable size.

I have tried to change the size of the .png file but I guess it is hard coded the height.

Hi Kelvin,

yes, you'd be correct in assuming the logo size is unfortunately hard coded at present. This is something that Dev are aware of and will be looking to improve the maximum possible size of the logo. I know there have been some challenges in making this enhancement as it has a knock on effect on the entire layout of the Portal framework.

I have re-initiated this discussion internally to see if I can find out more information.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Kelvin

Any chance you can upload or PM me the logo you are trying to use, one of the difficulties we face it trying to find a solution that is flexible enough to suit all logos but one that does not require knowledge of CSS to add the logo and have it nicely aligned.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Hi Kelvin

I have got this working, its going to take a week or so before the builds make it out into live but once available i will post back. All you will need to do is change a value in the portal configuration and the header will resize up the logo for you.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

The release that will allow us to configure the size of the portal logo should be applied to you instances tonight. This change will be delivered by our Server team so this will not need any action from yourselves, the changes will be applied automatically as part of our continuous deployment philosophy. For reference, the server build number of interest is 2495.

Version information can be found by clicking on your profile logo (up in the top right of the screen) and clicking "About".

The Logo height can be defined for the Service Portal in the following setting:

guest.anonymous.servicePortal.core.style.image.logo.height

and for the Customer Portal it is specified in the setting:

guest.anonymous.Portal.core.style.image.logo.height

The value provided should be the number of pixels and the width will be calculated automatically based on the image proportions. The exact value to specify will be dependent on the logo used but I would suggest to start experiemnting with a value of around 60 pixels, and adjust as necessary.

Thanks,

Dan

• Victor locked this topic