Sometimes the portal presents the Service page when we have a tailored page

Hi All,

We have a tailored page for our Joiners / Movers / Leavers on our portal as below (Image 1). So we do not present the basic service portfolio we have direct links to each catalogue item in the page below, and it's sub pages (Image 2 is the Joiner link on the sub page). I have noticed on occasion if I am raising a test request, but then hit Cancel in the IC process it sometimes takes me to the Service page (image 3). I wanted to see if this was expected behaviour ? And if there are any options to have it configured so that when Cancel is hit it returns to our configured page, and not the Service page? It is not every time but it does seem to occur randomly on a handful of requests.

Many thanks

Image 1 is the JML tailored page - selecting Joiners/Movers/Leavers/Returners as desired then opens a sub page (Image 2):

image.thumb.png.03bfbc2f4c0aadb8424164d672c1f393.png

Image 2 shows the Joiners sub page and clicking on the circled link below launches the IC:

image.thumb.png.98698478069e83daf061e0f46cc68bfc.png

Image 3 is the service page which we do not want to present and it is this page that occasionally will appear when cancelling the IC mid flow.

image.thumb.png.c913ea28f2e8b51fb99c28d3515acce5.png

Hello @Adrian Simpkins,

In general the cancel button will go to the previous page, so if you came from the page with the link it will go there. There is one scenario when it won't go there and that is when you are not coming from a Hornbill page, in that case it will go to the Service page related to that Service Request.

For example; if you are in your own website and you have a link to raise a request, or you paste the address of raising a request, so there is no where to go back, then it will go to the service itself.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Daniel

• Like 1

Hi @Daniel Dekel

Yes it is, but as Adrian explained , it's taking me to the service page (Image 3) which we do not want to present. We would ideally only want customers to be taken to the tailored page for our Joiners / Movers / Leavers on our portal (Image 1).  I'm thinking this probably isn't possible though the link I highlighted, but it also does it when I click the back arrow from a form that I access from the tailored JML page.

Sam 

Hi @SJEaton,

As I've mentioned to Adrian, if you access directly to the service request page (the form) from an external link, then there is nowhere back to go within Hornbill itself, in that case we take you back to the only place we have knowledge of which is the service related to that form. 

I hope this makes sense. 

Kind regards,

Daniel.

Hi @Daniel Dekel

Thanks

I've used text widgets in the JML page design and the links open in another window so we're now thinking it might be due to that as, as you say, it doesn't have anything to go back to.  I will see if I can use link widgets instead and see if this makes a difference.

Sam 

• Like 2

Widgets are now link widgets.  I think the only link that's an issue for us still now is the one that's at the top of the page of a request. Obviously the system automatically puts this link here but it goes to the New Joiner Service page.  We know we currently can't remove this but was wondering if there could be an option in the future to configure that link, or remove it if we don't want customers to access this page?

image.png.32abec9d48ad883dae86f39d22f3154c.png

Thanks Sam

4 minutes ago, SJEaton said:

Obviously the system automatically puts this link here but it goes to the New Joiner Service page.

That is how breadcrumbs work, I'm afraid.
It would be confusing to an end user to click on a link that says "New Joiner Service" and have it not go to the New Joiner Service page.