"Wait for Update" node not reacting to an Update on the Timeline from the Customer

Berto2002

I have a BPM that Resolves a Request and then a node that waits for a Customer Update before proceeding through the BPM. If no Update, it expires and closes. If there is an update, it should go back around the main BPM flow.

If the Customer rejects the Resolution, they need to put comments and these go on the Timeline as an Update with visibility of Customer.; but those Updates don't trigger the BPM node to proceed which they should do.

If the Customer adds another Update on the Request, the node does react; so it seems to be missing a trigger for the Update which is part of the rejecting the Resolution action.

image.thumb.png.1d733f2e9b8fbda10ea00d9c90f944ac.png from the 

If I'm understanding your description, the lower Timeline entry does not progress the BPM, but the Upper one does?

If so, this is correct behaviour.
Wait for Update does exactly that, it waits for an Update. It does not wait for a Reopen.
The correct node to use in this scenario is a Wait For Status Change which will activate on the change from Resolved to Open.

I understand that you have said Steve and I will test my BPM with status change instead but it seems odd that the code would exclude from the trigger what IS clearly a type of Update from the Customer: it is text the Customer has entered that goes on the Timeline with a visibility of Customer and shows in exactly the same way as if they had just added any other kind of post. To me, that seems odd to exclude.

Hi @Berto2002

Thanks for your post.

As described in the documentation, the Wait for Request Update is specifically for updates that have been applied using the Update Action on a request. 

image.png

image.png

This note is however missing from the in-line help that is accessed from this suspend automation.  I'll request that this is added.

image.png

• Like 1