Associating Assets and Suppiers

Helen Love

Hi All

I am looking for a way to automatically associated assets with suppliers. Import assets via SCCM using Asset_Data_Import_Tool. I believe you can associated them via  Asset Relationship Import tool,  but this appears to read data from sql database. Not sure if it can be altered to except import from SCCM. Have also seen  mentioned  app.cm.explorer.items.dependencies not sure if this is away to assign associations automatically. Thanks in advance.

Hi @Helen Love

Thanks for your post.

1 hour ago, Helen Love said:

Have also seen  mentioned  app.cm.explorer.items.dependencies not sure if this is away to assign associations automatically.

This setting is specific to the Configuration Explorer and doesn't do any linking.  It is used for describing the type of dependencies between CIs that are already linked.

1 hour ago, Helen Love said:

this appears to read data from sql database. Not sure if it can be altered to except import from SCCM.

SCCM is stored in/uses a Microsoft SQL database.  You should be able to use a supplier that is stored in SCCM to populate the Supplier ID field on an asset.  However, if you are using Supplier Manager then the process might be a little different.  I'm not familiar with linking assets to suppliers in Supplier Manager via an asset import.  I'll see what I can find out or possibly someone else may be able to help with that.

@James Ainsworth thanks for response. I was aware SCCM is using SQL database,  Asset Relationship Import tool script does not take into account how to extract details from SCCM though as I say may be able to add code to do so. I have added Supplier information to Asset_Data_Import_Tool. import but not sure how to use it to automatically associate it with supplier. Thanks.