Viewing Activities within a call on the portal

Tina.Lapere

Hi,

I believe something has changed recently with regard to being able to view activities/authorisations within a call via the portal.

My manager used to be able to authorise a call via the portal (I was the support analyst, he was the owner of the task) however he is now no longer able to see this activity via the portal. 

I've done some testing and it appears that unless I am the support analyst and the owner of the tasks I don't see them anymore.

Can someone please confirm what's happened.

Thanks

Tina

Hi @Tina.Lapere

Thanks for your post.  I probably need a bit more information to understand what is happening.  

5 hours ago, Tina.Lapere said:

being able to view activities/authorisations within a call via the portal

In order to view or be assigned activities or authorizations, you need to be a full user.  A user also needs at least the Collaboration role to access the Activities feature in the web application.   When you say "portal" are you referring to the Employee Portal? Has your manager had a change in team membership, roles, or user type?

5 hours ago, Tina.Lapere said:

I've done some testing and it appears that unless I am the support analyst and the owner of the tasks I don't see them anymore.

Where are you looking for these tasks?  Activity list or on a request? It has always been the case that unless you are either the owner or the assignee, you can't complete or edit the task, however, you should be able to see the tasks associated with a request on that request.  If you are a manager or team lead of a team, you should also be able to view activities assigned to that team from the activity list.

Hi @James Ainsworth

image.thumb.png.9f1fcf1fee28de710b6ec03beda39b9b.png

Thanks for getting back to me.  Yes, I mean the Employee Portal.  These are Full users which have the Collaboration role.

Here is my test which will hopefully help.  I am the Owner of the call and the task within has been assigned to my Colleague Lee Blower to authorise (Both of us are System Admins so have all the access required for this test):

image.thumb.png.eb0ef691b8624b740c5440492e25df27.png

He receives an email which links to the portal for him to authorise.  When he clicks on the link this is all he sees (no activity/authorisation):

image.thumb.png.efc719baa9a2284cfe1b3ba7af2143a1.png

When he views it from within the Client he sees this the authorisation fine:

image.thumb.png.66e4e98bd229aa72787d316ed0abd0f8.png

When I view this call from the portal (I'm the customer and owner) this is all I see (no authorisation/activities):

image.thumb.png.f4d11acaf6a0287aa60e3969edd8e91d.png

If I go into the call and reassign the authorisation to myself I can then see the authorisation via the portal:

image.thumb.png.b8b9df68434a39fac9de5b40d6f448a6.png

It would therefore mean that to see the authorisation currently on the portal you not only have to be the support analyst but also the assigned person for the authorisation.  This wasn't how it worked previously and it causing us issues.

Thanks

Tina

Hi @Tina.Lapere

Thanks for the additional information.

I did a quick test where I have a user that...

• Only has a platform/collaboration subscription (A full user. Not a basic user ). 
  • Is not the customer associated with the request.
  • They don't have a Service Manager subscription.
  • They are the assignee of an authorization.

When logged in as this user and viewing the request from the Employee Portal, I am able to see the authorization button.

image.png

I believe that this is the behavior that you are expecting and so far it appears to be working this way for me.  I'm not aware of any changes in this area. 

It is possible that there is something unique about your colleague's account that is preventing the visibility of the Authorization button.  This would be hard for me to identify without remote access.  It might be worth raising this with Hornbill Support.

You could also test with a different user that has the same configuration as described in my bullet list above to see if they are able to see the Authorization button.  Best to test with someone that doesn't have system admin roles. It would be useful to see if we can narrow it down to only being an issue with this one user. 

@James Ainsworth We've done some more testing and it's a bit of an odd one.  It seems to be the catalogue item that's the issue. 

We've created a new CI with a different name & description but everything else exactly the same and it's working as expected.  But on the existing one it doesn't work.

Lost now - will log a support call.