Service Manager - Assets field layout change

Jake Thaker

Hi,

Has there been any changes made to the layout of the Assets in Service Manager? I see that the fields have changed and there is an additional field called Functional Availability. 

I did check the latest announcements but could not see anything in there to suggest changes being made. 

Any help would be really appreciated. 

Thank you. 

Hi @Jake Thaker

This is an additional field that was requested by the Community and has been available for a couple of weeks.

If you are not intending to use that field you can hide it within Asset Configuration, or if you are importing/updating your assets with the Asset Data Import Tool you can ensure it is set to the relevant value.

• 4 weeks later...

@Steve Giller Hi Steve.  Any idea why the visibility of 'Functional Availability' on each asset type would keep switching back on?
I've edited each asset type under 'manage asset types' to make sure this is not visible (it's not something we want to use).  When I save and go to an asset of that type, it has disappeared but then when checking a few days later, it re-appears and going back to 'manage asset types' I note the visibility box for 'Functional Availability' on each asset type has returned.  I've removed this twice now on all assets but it keeps coming back.

Any ideas?

53 minutes ago, WFMKC said:

Any idea why the visibility of 'Functional Availability' on each asset type would keep switching back on?

When deployed the field didn't have a value, and on the next update it was set to "N/A" as a default.
It's possible this reset the Visibility at that point, as we did have another Customer raise this, but we have set all Assets on that Instance to hide Functional Availability and nothing has changed in the last 10 days or so.

• Thanks 1

@WFMKC I take that back.

Unfortunately we have found an issue that has caused the visibility to reset that we are working on a fix for.

Once that is complete I'll repot back here and subsequent changes will no longer be reverted.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

• Thanks 1