Scheduling reports and sending via email

Ashley

Currently when scheduling our reports in Service Manager we see they are sent from the live.hornbill.com address.  I've been asked to ensure they are sent via our company address instead.

How do I go about this?

Currently I have a user and select this user when in recipients for scheduling.

Thanks

@Ashley I've removed a chunk of this post as it was exposing email addresses publicly.

By default the Reports are sent via the Direct Outbound method, which uses the live.hornbill.com address.

We are looking into providing a user-defined email address for distributing Reports, and I'll ask development to post back when this discussion is complete.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Ashley ,

The ability to set a From address will be available in an upcoming build. Should expect sometime this month. The from address has to be from a working mail domain that exists in the system (the right hand part of address is a drop down of domains). These are setup in Admin -> Platform Conf -> EMail -> Domains.

So using your scenario you would need a mail domain setup in the system for you company address i.e. yourcomanydomain.com / yourcomanydomain.co.uk etc

Cheers

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just checked and still see:

image.png.b0f8c2787ba2ff9809057065ff294c93.png

When will this update be in place so I see 'From'?

Also I thought Platform Configuration/Email/Domains as below would be updated to allow for all emails: via a chosen email address.  As a workaround we have whitelisted the live Hornbill address and working this way at the moment for scheduled reports:

image.png.30103a506c5f35ef2e5947a9ffa152db.png

Please confirm.

Thanks

Ashley

Hi Ashley,

We are waiting for some other work to be completed and a release cycle to go through to live. I will check with team if we can push that through next week.

There aren't any changes to how you setup a domain.

So the usual method is:

Setup a domain using Outbound Routing Mode "DNS" connection. For example  "yourcompanyemaildomain.co.uk" 

Then in the report schedule you can use any appropriate email in that DNS (as long as your DNS allows it). It is up to you/your internal IT to setup the actual email addresses you want to use within your domain. So maybe you setup a couple of email address for different report types... "asset.reporting@yourcompanyemaildomain.co.uk" , "sd.reporting@yourcompanyemaildomain.co.uk"  etc... You can then just use which ever as the "From" address you want for your report.

An alternative, not really recommended,  is you setup email domain routing with SMPT. So for example i setup a "gmail.com" domain as SMPT using my personal address.

Cheers

image.png