Enhancement: Allow "Get Asset" nodes to discretely obtain Used by and Owned by Assets for users who are not the customer

Berto2002

In the Get Asset nodes, there are two options, Used By and User ID (see screenshot below). The behaviour of these is confusing and does not allow the flexibility I need.

Case 1: If neither Used by nor User ID are entered, the node does NOT "get" any assets, despite both those fields being optional. I have reported this as a potential defect here: 

Case 2: If I want to find out the Used by Assets for the Customer, I enter Used By  = TRUE. Similarly, I enter FALSE if I only want to find out the Owned By assets for the Customer. This works.

Case 3: If the purpose of the Request is to process information for someone who is NOT THE CUSTOMER (like a starter or leaver where the customer is the Line Manager; or any ticket raised by a secretary for their leader) then I would set the User ID field to the appropriate user but this OVER-RIDES (disregards) the TRUE or FALSE Used By flag and returns BOTH Used By and Owned By Assets.

In short, because the User ID field over-rides Used By, it is not possible to separately obtain the Used by or Owned by Assets of a user who is not the Customer. My use case is that I want Used By and Owned by assets to be the subject of differing BPM branches but this is proving hard to execute.

I request the User ID field be programmed to NOT over-ride the Used By boolean choice so we can use this node to discretely obtain Used by and Owned by Assets in BPM.

In the meantime, only the workaround I have is to briefly alter the Customer of the Request to be the subject user, run the node to discover only their Owned By assets and then re-set the Customer back to the original. This is messy and consume additional processing time for Hornbill.

image.thumb.png.5952d4d93e07edcca7c3dfa91765bf52.png