Functional Availability - Assets

JanS2000

Morning, I noticed last week during an audit that a new field has appeared in our assets, Functional Availability. I don't think it's something I've added as I didn't think it was possible to add custom buttons in Assets.

My query is, is it possible to change this status on multiple items in one go? They've all been set as available (working as expected), even items that have been disposed. The audit was on disposed assets and it looked like we hadn't updated the status of these assets fully, as they all were showing as available. I now have to manually go through and update every disposed and retired asset individually, unless there's a way to do them in one go. 

image.png.bf84d40c87113c2107ac80f062f7e221.png

Hi @JanS2000,

The quickest way to update the availability is to run an update statement using the admin Database Direct UI. This statement will update any retired assets to have a empty availability.

update h_cmdb_assets set h_availability_state = -1 where h_operational_state = 2

Once updated you should notice the availability in asset lists is blank. Note because form data runs off cache you might notice the state when viewing asset still shows old value but once cache refreshes it will appear blank.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

empty-avail.PNG

@JanS2000,

I am going to assume in the uploaded CSV file the column "availabilityState" was left blank (which is ok). So think that issue is just a UI issue, where if no value is set then it is showing "Available" instead of nothing....we will sort that out and you shouldn't need to do anything with your data. 

Cheers

• Like 1

@JanS2000,

Yes it is. You can design/edit the asset table list view and form to hide the availability column if it is of no use to you.

Also in regards to another question posed by your orig post :

Is there a way to update multiple records at same time instead of going into each record and updating.

Via the UI there is no way to do that. You could however export existing assets to CSV and then use the asset db import tool to re-import them and setup any common field values you want to apply to them during the import (the tool support updating of existing assets). Not sure if that is something you are familiar with https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Asset_Data_Import_Tool but worth keeping in mind if in future there is a mass asset update you would like to do.

Cheers

• Like 1