Email Action - Notify Customers of Linked Requests

AlexOnTheHill

Hello,

We have been discussing the management of Major Incidents and part of that focussed on the communications we send to affected users.

It would be useful if the email function within a request in Hornbill would be able to email the customer of the main request and the linked requests in one action.

I have confirmed that this functionality is not presently available within Hornbill and I believe it would be very useful.

I envisage either a new action button with email+ and make that available only to requests with linked requests or a button within the to/cc/bcc field for +linked

This would be a direct way for us to notify users affected by a major incident that we wish them to test and confirm stable service.

I hope this is sufficient information, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Hi @Llyr

Our MI process is quite complex as Hornbill don't quite offer what we used to use as a 'Major Incident'  I have an auto task that switches the process incidents go through, within that process I have a task to provide the reference of the 'MI' or in our case a problem record as you can publish to portals with this entity, from that I use a get customer node to get the user id and then add them as a connection to the request id provided with a comment that details the reference the were connected from, using a connection to measure impact opposed to the requests helps when the phones are call after call as analysts can just find the MI and just add them as a connection opposed to logging a whole new request every time

• Like 1