Order Board lane by date?

Ashley

Using Hornbill Automation, Add card to Board, I want to use the order option, but unclear what parameters I can use.  Ideally I'd like to order by date, but guess is position only?  Please advise.  Thanks.

Feature update for Hornbill:

Ideally I would want each lane ordered by the fields within the Change card, please.

It would be ideal if there was a support button on the board to order a lane by a chosen field, ie date.  via Auto task/button or BPM.

I use a Board when going to our weekly CAB meeting and having to manually order each lane by date takes time and the Lane sometimes messes up and I have to do all over again.  A real frustration on my part.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2023 at 1:19 PM, TrevorHarris said:

We do have a plan in boardmanager to allow for reordering of lanes but this hasn't currently been scheduled for development so will not be available in the near future

This is quite shocking, IMHO. To me, the ability to re-order cards in a lane according to some specified criterion (reference number springs to mind, but I'm sure there'll be others) is a fundamental requirement which would make life a lot easier for board stakeholders/users, especially when you have a lane populated with scores of cards. Please consider prioritising this development work.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

That can be useful, but my preference is by a chosen field, ie custom_21 (which I use for date/time the change is to progress).

Is it possible to add a further option to this list to allow selection of custom fields for sorting?

• 3 weeks later...

@Ashley Unfortunately the custom fields from the request are not available in boardmanager so cannot currently be sorted on, the only way to do this would be to map the field you need onto a field in the card so it could be sorted.  This is something that would need to be added, I will investigate the possibility to add this.

@Jim The sort should change the order of the cards for everyone although when new cards are added they will need to be re-sorted, the option is only available to users with the can move card permission

@TrevorHarris Thank you for feeding back, that's a shame as I have boards that are process driven and I don't want viewers to be able to move them, however sorting them themselves or new cards added following the same sort by would be much better, as an admin this is more overheads that are unnecessary