Allow employees to update details

will.good

Hi,

We want to allow our basic users to update their profile picture using the employee portal, but stop them from changing their name or handle (for obvious reasons). How can this be done?

It appears we did have a setting turned on which allowed them to do this (as some basic users have profile pictures) but now they are unable to edit these, I have tried searching for settings to allow this but cannot find any.

Hi @will.good

While there were some settings to control if a basic user could either edit their profile or not, I don't think there were settings that controlled individual fields.  However, within Configuration there is the option to customize the user profile.  This includes a form editor where you can make an individual field so that it can't be edited. 

The Customize User Profile can be found here...

image.png

If you click on the cog icon you will have the following option...

image.png

Which will result in this when viewing the profile.

image.png

You will need to consider that this will apply to all users, not just basic users.  The only way that the handle could then be changed is by using Configuration -> Platform Configuration -> Users

I hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @will.good,

This fields properties can't be edited because fields are marked as protected. This implicate that you can't move field to other sections and also remove ability to change design properties.
But here is a good news - we will allow making protected fields read only (but not opposite way). Expect following CHANGE once is released: User profile - protected fields like first name or last name can be change to read only.

Thank you,
Miro