Automatically attaching emails to requests

thomasholt

Hi,

Is it possible to automatically apply emails to requests as we receive many updates? 

I believe the current function takes the reference number from the subject line but I was wondering if the system could do it without user input.

image.png.982d0feeb9e8db344292f42c7e2b75a2.png

Thank you.

If you navigate to Admin->Platform Configuration->Email->Inbound Routing Rules you will be able to automatically action emails before they arrive in the relevant mailbox.

The documentation for this is on the Hornbill Wiki.

Once you have reviewed that documentation please post back here with any questions and we will be happy to assist.

On 3/31/2023 at 3:31 PM, Steve Giller said:

If you navigate to Admin->Platform Configuration->Email->Inbound Routing Rules you will be able to automatically action emails before they arrive in the relevant mailbox.

The documentation for this is on the Hornbill Wiki.

Once you have reviewed that documentation please post back here with any questions and we will be happy to assist.

9 minutes ago, thomasholt said:

Thanks for your help. I can't seem to work at what needs to be entered into the expression. I have attached the image below. I'm assuming it will be a "like" expression but what follows that I'm clueless.

image.png.f43784bc9e0d749748276886101efcc6.png

The Expression

REGEX_MATCH(subject, '.*\b[a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{8}\b.*')

will pick up any Subject line containing a valid Request Reference and apply it to the Request.

You may wish to include additional checks but that is the most basic method of automatically updating Requests from email.

2 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

The Expression

will pick up any Subject line containing a valid Request Reference and apply it to the Request.

You may wish to include additional checks but that is the most basic method of automatically updating Requests from email.

Thank you, that seems to working for me now :)

19 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

The Expression

Just a final point, is there a way to make sure it only updates open requests?