Enhancement Request - Report Listing screen to show Reports which are Scheduled (and possibly Failed)

Frank Reay

We have a large number of reports in our system. Some were just written as one-off's and others are scheduled with a variety of different recipients via email.

The problem we have is that the Overview screen for all Reports does not show those which are currently scheduled. This makes it difficult to manage. Could we have an extra column which shows whether a report is running on an active Schedule. I don't necessarily need to see when it is next due to run (although that probably would be useful). Also I happened to recently look at a scheduled monthly report and noticed on the Schedule tab it said Failed (in red) rather than Running (in green) - the recipient hadn't noticed that they had not received the mail a couple of weeks before. I don't quite know what happened (maybe caused by the recent issue with Report Scheduling?) so I set the schedule running again with next month's date (I will check on it next month). The point is that I can't see where I would have spotted this Failure apart from looking at the report itself (which fortunately I had). Can this also be highlighted on the Overview screen?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Frank Reay said:

I would have thought that some of this is easy to add to the Report Listing screen as extra columns.

Yes I hope so too!  My inbox fills up with scheduled reports every day because its the only way I can keep track of them...most of them get deleted as I'm not actually the intended recipient

• Sad 1

Hi All,

Will speak to server team to see if we can get the reporting apis modified to do some scheduling service joins when getting report list so can identify which ones have a schedule as well as the last run status. I will let you know what the outcome of that discussion is.

Cheers

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

As mentioned above have worked with server team to get some API changes done. This allows us to now relate a schedule record to report record via tables rather than in the report definition. So moving forward when you update/create a report with a schedule there will be relational db link that will allow the UI to display the additional information. 

The server build with api changes is now live. The next step is to update UI to show that additional info. This however requires a release of our core application (includes a db query to get additional info) and the UI (to show related info).

I would expect to see this within the next month. I will let you know when UI is released.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

@Sam P  Yes, assuming you are talking about Reporting via the administration view, where you select Service Manager  app from top left drop down and then Reports->Reporting?

Made changes to filter on the status of reports as part of the db query change so that along with being able to show/filter reports with schedules it should provide everything needed to do a decent level of filtering to see what you want to see.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

This should be going live today. Keep in mind only applies to reports that have been created or modified since  last month. So if you have report you know has a schedule but is not showing sched info in list then just go into that report, change the description (for example) and save. Saving the report will make it re-link the schedule properly.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Well I might have jumped the gun there everyone. Sorry.

Looks like release might be later this week or next Monday as we have the SIT exhibition over the next couple of days and ex team have asked us not to push anything out as they have just setup.

Again apologies....best i can do right now is give you a screenshot of what is in this change, the extra search/filtering options and schedule info.

image.png

• Haha 1