Passwords - creating and deleting them from Hornbill

Jim

We are looking at going live with our new starter process in the next couple of weeks and the one thing that has cropped up is that the passwords are captured. Obviously these need to be stored until an account is handed over to the new starter, Once the account is handed over we would like to completely remove this from the request. I am aware I can overwrite the custom fields and these are just one time passwords but I am keen to learn how anyone else has handled this? especially when the password is captured in an activity?

@Jim we use the Hornbill utility for creating passwords for certain accounts these are placed in a custom field, once the request is 'closed' in the BPM it overwrites the field to something else e.g. Null

If it's captured in a activity or task, then I'm not sure that you can delete that information from the timeline, hence the reason that we suggest a password and then remove.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

@Jim we use the Hornbill utility for creating passwords for certain accounts these are placed in a custom field, once the request is 'closed' in the BPM it overwrites the field to something else e.g. Null

If it's captured in a activity or task, then I'm not sure that you can delete that information from the timeline, hence the reason that we suggest a password and then remove.

This sounds the most logical route, how would you handle if that password generated is not complex enough or doesn't work? do you allow a loop on generating these?