How do I add new profiles for closure?

Ruben

We are setting up a new team in Service Manager and we want to set up a separate closure profile for them as the one we currently have is irrelevant for them.

I am able to create new profiles, but how do I link them to closure?

@Ruben Once you've added your closure profiles, you need to decide where to use them.

In the service portfolio, for each service, under the configuration tab and for each request type (Inc, Prob, etc) you can specify what the Top Level resolution branch of the resolution profiles will be displayed, on any tickets raised against that service and ticket type.

In the example below, for the desktop support service, and for the Incident ticket type, I've configured the resolution profiles to only show those below the IT branch from the resolution profile tree.   On the example request, you can see the resolution options displayed, which sit below the IT level branch.

In your example, you could create a new resolution profile branch in your profiles for the new team and then set this as the top-level resolution branch on the services that that team provides.

In order for these new resolution codes to not appear for your existing teams and services, you may need to configure the resolution code top-level branch on your existing services and ticket types.

image.png

Hope that helps

@Ruben All closure profiles will exist under the one Closure profile tree - it will be a case of configuring your tree to reflect the closure profiles you need for each business area.

In my example below, I have different branches of the Closure  profile tree, for each internal business area (IT, HR etc) and then as i posted earlier i configure the services each business function offers, to only show the branch of the closure categories which is appropriate.

image.png

Hope that helps

• Thanks 1