How do you extract the userID from this kind of field content? urn:sys:user:name@email.gov.uk

Berto2002

I am trying to look-up attributes of a User Profile in reference to the 'person' who made an Activity update on a Request.

So I wanted to do a table JOIN between the h_actor of h_buz_activities and the h_userid of h_sys_user_profiles but the former has "urn:sys:user:" prefix.

What do I do to strip that out in my table join statement in the reports please?

In another example, table "h_sys_tasks" has field "h_obj_ref_urn" which needs "urn:sys:entity:com.hornbill.servicemanager:Requests:" stripped-out to reveal a value that can be matched with field "h_pk_reference" on table "h_itsm_requests" (RequestID) but when I use an analogous custom criteria to the above, I get no results: REPLACE(h_sys_tasks.h_task_id,"urn:sys:entity:com.hornbill.servicemanager:Requests:","")

Can this approach be used where there are other tables on the report? I wonder if this is not working because the custom criteria does not state which table to make the link to?

I am attempting to use it get the TaskID of the current Task/Activity that is open linked to that Request in a report which already lists:

1. Request info (like Summary)
  2. Activities Info (like the text of the last update)
  3. Account Info (like Job Title of the person who made the last update)

image.thumb.png.f8f2140ffc3efe77766663e54a983d5e.png

• Steve Giller changed the title to How do you extract the userID from this kind of field content? urn:sys:user:name@email.gov.uk