How to add a call to a board in the BPM process

lee mcdermott

Hi

i am really struggling to get this to work so hoping someone can point me in the right direct.

I have a board created in Board manager and in a new BPM I want to add that to a lane on the board but I just keep getting an error. I have tried following the Wiki  but still no joy.

I have it configured as below.

image.png.e4d0d610672397cc90aaef9bffe29a33.png

image.thumb.png.5d4fb9a56543dce737764944015664a8.png

image.thumb.png.947db84ab025c0811c7a0751e772c824.png

error as below

image.png.bcb631478117df5dfa192542e489869f.png

Xmlmc method invocation failed for BPM invocation node 's1/flowcode-2d7edbd0': <methodCallResult status="fail"> <state> <code>0200</code> <service>apps</service> <operation>getBoardInformation</operation> <error>FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.boardmanager/entities/Board/fc_bpm/getBoardInformation): Input parameter validation error: The element &lt;board&gt; was not expected at location &apos;/methodCall/params/board&apos;</error> </state> <flowCodeDebugState> <executionId>db1b5267-5fbf-492f-a772-c91d3139d746</executionId> </flowCodeDebugState> </methodCallResult>

Ive tried it without the get board information but that doesnt work either?

any help would be great.

lee

Hi @lee mcdermott

The originating application is the source application from where the BPM is being run.  The Board Manager automations are part of the Board Manager app.  Board Manager needs to know which app is using its automations.  In your case, the BPMs are running against requests in Service Manager, so the originating application will be Service Manager.  This lets the Board Manager app understand where the updates are coming from so that it is able to understand the entity types that are being managed on the board.

image.png

Hope that helps.

• Like 1