Clear/Amend Human Task Details

CraigP

I have been asked to build a request process that will involve delivery address information of a customer. I've contacted our Information Governance team for advise around storing this information on Hornbill and they have advised that we need a mechanism to review and dispose of any personal information so we don't keep it longer than necessary.

From what I can tell it seems possible to delete capture form answers and amend custom fields, but I'm not sure about amending information stored in human tasks/activities (both in the task details, and answers to Capture Task Fields).

How do I go about doing this?

• 3 months later...
On 2/20/2023 at 10:05 AM, CraigP said:

From what I can tell it seems possible to delete capture form answers and amend custom fields

Text fields in a Capture can be edited, and Custom Fields on a Request can be updated via the BPM or potentially an Auto Task.

Editing data within a Human Task/Activity is not possible in the UI, you would need to raise an Expert Services request to facilitate this.

For this reason I would recommend gathering any sensitive information in the Progressive Capture (as text) or, if a Task is necessary, adding Custom Fields to the Request's Details section and having the Task instruct the Owner to populate the Custom Fields rather than enter the data into the Task itself.
The Custom Fields could then be cleared as required - e.g. by the BPM on closure of the Request.