Assignment Reason - Greater insight into functional escalations

DRiley

Hi, we're looking to gain more insight into the reason why tickets are reassigned between teams. I know that the assignment comment can be made mandatory using the service manager setting guest.app.requests.assign.commentMandatory. However, I have a couple of questions:

1) Where is the assignment reason stored? - it doesn't seem to be in h_itsm_request_team_assignment (which would be the most logical place in my opinion). To analyse the reasons in conjunction with the different types of requests, we'd need to extract them in a report.

2) Less of a question, more of a comment - it would be great if the agent could select from a list of reassignment reasons. Currently the comment is free text, some pre-canned selections would make this more efficient for the agents and also reduce the variability of comments (and help eliminate the inevitable "." - full stop - comment!).

Thanks,
Dan

Hi @DRiley

This information mentioned in question 1 is stored in the table h_buz_activities.  In the request table, there is the h_activity_stream_id column which holds the matching ID for the stream.  This should allow you to make a match between the request and the entries in the h_buz_activities that belong to that request.

@James Ainsworththanks. It looks like h_buz_activities will certainly be a means to an end!

For the analysis to be meaningful we'd be looking at many requests. I've filtered my report on post type (assign), date published (when the timeline was updated with the assignment action) and added criteria on actor (the users I'm interested to see their comments) but as you can imagine this has returned all assignment actions, including those without a comment and many generic "The request was assigned by the business process engine" type of assignment posts.

image.thumb.png.a3ed0ef385cc5a3518767f9729988611.png

Being able to simply isolate those assignment actions that contained a comment and exclude those that didn't would be really useful. Can you (or anyone) help with additional filter criteria to  reliable way to achieve this with the records in h_buz_activities? In the absence of anything else I can resort to some further processing in excel.

From an enhancement perspective, having a comment column in h_itsm_request_team_assignment would make life easier as you could simply add report criteria to return records where the comment was not empty. It would also allow you to understand the assignment to and from alongside any assignment comment, giving more context.

Thanks,
Dan