User updating Request when the Status is Resolved or Closed

JoanneG

Good Afternoon

Please can someone advise me on the change I would need to make on the Business Process, for the following scenario:

On a request Status being either Resolved or Closed, we are having some users replying to emails which is updating the requests, however when this is happening we aren't be notified of this update.  Is there anything we can put in place to give us an update..

I would assume that you have the:
app.email.routing.rules.allowClosedCallUpdates.IN
and/or
app.email.routing.rules.allowClosedCallUpdates.SR
settings set to ON (based on your mention of emails)

If you turn these OFF it will not be possible to update a closed Request via the Auto Responder and any emails will remain in the Inbox (or the Folder set as the Failure Folder in the Rule) to be processed manually.

If you want an update to a resolved Request to notify you you can have a two-stage closure, which is explained on the wiki more clearly than I could on the forum.

• Like 1

Good Morning, thank you for your help... Yes I have to the rules set to Off... 

We also have to two-stage closure setup, however on receiving the Resolution Email, the user has just replied to the message, instead of reading it and clicking on the link which would take them to the portal to allow them to then reopen the request.  I was just wondering if there was any other options... 

I will look at editing the resolution email..

@JoanneG There isn't a Suspend -> Wait for Email Update node, but (off the top of my head) you can simulate this by:

• Ensuring your Sub-Statuses are set to change on customer response
  • After the Request is resolved set the Sub-Status to something like "Awaiting Closure"
  • Have a Suspend -> Wait For Status Change node, with a suitable expiry time.

If an Auto Responder update happens during that time the Request will change Sub-Status (based on your Service configuration in the Service Portfolio) which you can check and branch accordingly.

thanks @Steve Giller, so when its in resolved state (awaiting auto closure), user replies and it updates the incident/request with the users response and it also emails the analyst with the response - however there is nothing within our BP for reopening this call (which is fine).
Would it be possible, somehow, to get this same email that goes to analyst to stay in the shared mailbox for our service desk to check and do any reopening of the call or for them to also be emailed?

29 minutes ago, danb said:

Would it be possible, somehow, to get this same email that goes to analyst to stay in the shared mailbox for our service desk to check and do any reopening of the call or for them to also be emailed?

Not really, no.

If the customers are responding to the "Request Resolved" email you could exclude that from the "Update Request" Auto Responder rule, but that would not prevent them replying to an email they received from earlier in the lifecycle.

As part of the Workflow you could, should a post-resolution email be applied, set the Request to Open and email the Owner, though - that would be very straightforward.