Bpm authorisation operation to show as pending

Hi All

I noted this as part of the SM update rolled out today - is there anymore information around this please? Is this just adding a pending value to authorisation's we have pushed out for in the system? Currently i think if it is pending authorisation nothing shows in the information panel, so I wanted to understand how this pending value works please

Many thanks as always

Hi Adrian,

It should be showing in the information panel in the same way that it does when you mark a request as authorised or rejected.  Could you try clearing your browser cache to see if that makes a difference? The same as when setting a request to authorised or rejected, the pending option helps visually display the state of the authorisation.  It can allow you to do more within your workflows based on this and allows for reporting on requests that are pending authorisation.

I will also test to confirm if I'm able to see this value in the information panel when set.

Hi James

I have cleared the browser down, relaunched and still not seeing the Pending value on live authorisation requests. These live ones have Tentative enabled rather than just authorise / reject so not sure if that is a factor at all.

Many thanks

image.png.be4a49ab3f38338c42fcc2c617349ee4.png

image.png.5f5dcbd9926a52711fd933fff24325fc.png

Hi @Adrian Simpkins

This feature doesn't have anything to do with the authorisation tasks.  The Authorisation Decision automation is simply a way to mark a request as being approved, rejected, and now if it is pending.

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Service_Manager_Business_Process_Workflow#Authorisation_Decision

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification James - we currently only use authorisation from the email function so that would be why I am not seeing Pending in the panel. Because I only set up authorisation's this way my brain had forgotten this authorisation option on a request ! 

I am currently working on updating our Change process so i will suggest we implement this authorisation feature as part of our new CAB process, so will let you know then if i do see any issues

Many thanks as always

You can still use this with an email authorization.  For example, in a bpm you would 

• Mark the change authorisation as pending
  • Sent out the email authorisation
  • Have a decision node to confirm if the email authorisation resulted in a rejection or approved
  • If approved, mark the change as approved
  • If rejected, mark the change as rejected

• Like 1