BPM Error The text size provided (1039 characters) is greater than the maximum allowable size of 1024 characters for column h_details

Nikolaj

@Nikolaj there is an element on the authorisation node (the details section) where the text length (possibly from a workflow variable) is greater than the maximum text length allowed for that element (the details section). How is the node configured? Specifically the details section of the node?

@Victor we are using varible picker from the PCF

Business justification: &[functions.pcf("GuestAccountDetails","h_custom_e")]

Name, Vorname: &[functions.pcf("GuestAccountDetails","h_custom_a")]
Firma: &[functions.pcf("GuestAccountDetails","h_custom_b")]
Mail: &[functions.pcf("GuestAccountDetails","h_custom_c")]
NDA: &[functions.pcf("GuestAccountDetails","h_custom_f")]
Cloud Application: &[functions.pcf("GuestAccountDetails","h_custom_g")]

was there a change because I'm sure that was working before.

But could one of these be the problem

thanks

Nikolaj

@Nikolaj This is simply a case where text in Custom A, B, C, E, F and G, combined together, is more than 1024 in text size. It does not happen for every request because it depends on the content of these fields which can vary (the values are dynamic). It happened that on this occasion, on that request, these fields combined had exceeded the max size.

1 hour ago, Nikolaj said:

can we improve this by a change of the fields or something?

You can set a REGEX on Custom Form fields, this can be used to limit the length of the response.

Assuming you know the maximum length of the Vorname, Firma, Mail, NDA, and Cloud Application responses, you can calculate a maximum size for the Business Justification response and restrict either just that or all of the answers to ensure the combination is never exceeding the maximum length.

@Steve Giller thanks i would like to use the REGEX for the field Business...... but I'm not sure how i can do that and on the wiki i just find this here. But the Button ? is not working or i don't know how it works. Can you please help me here. Thanks Nikolaj

• Validate Input with RegEx Expression
Including a RegEx Expression you can control how the user is to input the information into the field. Use the ? button to open the RegEx Selector to help with building your Expression.

@Nikolaj are you sure that is the right syntax? The one you are using only allows letters. This means no other characters (like ; ? . , * _ ^ = + -)  and no numbers... so that expression is fine if you only expect letters in that filed but will not work if the text you expect can also have things like question marks, commas or numbers.

@Victor thanks for your clarification. First i tried the this 

.{0,1024}

but that was not working. i think it is ok just to have only letters here. But i would be intressted how it will look if i just want to limit the characters doesn't matter which. I'm not an expert so maybe you can help me.

Thanks

Nikolaj