Can Copy Request feature be toggled on/off?

Sam P

I have discovered that the Copy Request feature within Service Manager copies Custom Fields from the original even if they are not usually set until much later in the BP.  This is throwing out some reporting.    Can Copy Request be toggled on/off?  Or can the option to Copy Custom Fields be added to the Copy dialogue box?  (I can see that it would be difficult to distinguish which custom fields you would/would not want copied and that may differ for each request).

Hi @Sam P

Thanks for your post.  There isn't an option for toggling the copy option on and off.  It was provided as a simple utility to take the same content as an existing request and replicate it.  It wasn't designed to work with the workflows and I wouldn't really recommend it as a standard way of raising new requests. 

I'm not sure how or when these custom fields are being populated, but as the workflow of a copied request starts at the very beginning, it may be just a matter of adding a few checks in the workflow to make sure that this information has been added before continuing.