Display/Raw choice not available for Human Task outcome based on a SimpleList but both are available when outcome is based on an IC form choice from the same list

Berto2002

When I use a SimpleList in an IC form and then wish to use the outcome of that in an expression in a BPM, I get the option to use the Display or the Raw in my expression.

This is me configuring an Expression against the choice made by the User in the IC form and that "Line of Business Applications" field has a lookup of the "LOB Applications" SimpleList. I get the choice of Raw or Display

image.png.d828b0a53b4a4da0b798aacd6a7720a5.png

However, when I use the same SimpleList as an input source for a choice within a Human Task - and then I look at the outcome of that Human Task - I do not get the choice to look at the Display or the Value.

Here is the Human Task field where the Analyst makes the same type of choice the User made against the same SimpleList:

image.png.e4f0b180d65fe54c1ac58734e561e2ee.png 

And here is me trying to past BOTH the Value and the Raw to a TimeLine update but there is no option to select Display or Raw; the system has decided one or the other for me:

image.png.3de31551410b20240cc8079a5c8f2872.png

I think this is an inconsistency in the UI. I would like to request this be logged as an enhancement please. There are circumstances where I need to use either/both the Display/Raw from my Human Task selection depending on my aims. As an example, we are planning to have the Raw representing the GroupID of an Azure AD group while the Display is the name the user/analyst picks. After the selection, I want to paste those values into subsequent timeline updates or human tasks so they are available for validation.

I note that both Display and Raw ARE available within expressions following the Human Task; but not when attempting to paste the values into Human Tasks or TimeLine updates

• Berto2002 changed the title to Display/Raw choice not available for Human Task outcome based on a SimpleList but both are available when outcome is based on an IC form choice from the same list
  • 2 months later...

The Enhancement has been noted.

The difference in behaviour is because these are two completely unrelated areas of the product which are designed to achieve very different goals.
Development will need to assess whether this change in behaviour is practical before making any commitment.