Having issues searching for a user in the name filed in IC's

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

I have one account loaded to Hornbill for a customer who should be searchable by firstname space surname. However, we are only able to find her in the name search field by entering firstname dot surname. When I view her account and compare it to another user with the same setup / same AD source I am able to find him using firstname space surname, and I am struggling to work out why this is.

When comparing the 2 accounts in the backend everything looks the same in that all data fields including all the formats used on each field are set the same (firstname.surname in the User ID / Logon ID / Employee ID) so I am just wanting to understand why we can only find her with the above format. Any ideas why this would be please?

Many thanks

Hi Adrian,

Which Intelligent Capture form are you using?  The provided Customer search forms come in three variations.  One for Contacts, one for Co-workers, and one that allows for both.  Alternatively, there are options on a custom Intelligent Capture form for adding a look up field for selecting users.  This too has options for the type of user that you want to have listed.

Once I know which type of form you are using and how you have it configured, I could do a few tests.  You can also check the user account type (basic or user) to make sure that it fits with the type of customer search/lookup that you are using.

• Like 1

Hi James / HHH - thank you for the pointers.

After taking another look today with not very fresh eyes I think I have worked out the issue. The person I was struggling to locate has the surname Basil - we also have on our customers handle the site named Basildon. So when searching for the customer it was resolving against the Basildon value. When I search with the correct full handle (firstname surname - Southend) we are able to locate the customer correctly. Just happens to be a match to other values purely because of her surname !

So in conclusion all looks fine - I will advise the user she has to search using the full handle

Many thanks as always