Query re new priority and SLA Resolution date incorrect

JanS2000

Morning, I'm hoping someone can give me a nudge in the right direction or point out what I've done wrong please. I've created a new BPM and service, and Priority and SLA to go with it. The response time is 4 hours, resolution 5 days. I've set these in the config item SLA but when I've created test requests against the new service over the last 2 days, it's setting the same target resolution date of 16th January. I can't work out where I'm going wrong, any advice would be most welcome, thank you! 

image.png.6ad565635af4ee2b0a82c34230a6721c.png

5 days is 120 hours, and timers run during the working hours of the Calendar they're associated to.

Taking into account Christmas and New Year holidays 120 working hours may well fall on/around that time, but without having access to your Instance configuration it's impossible to say.

• Like 1

Hi @JanS2000 this will be based on your working time calendars. You can check this in the working time calendars in the Platform configuration setting.

So for example for us our working day calendar non 24 by 7 is 9 and 3/4 hours.

Which might explain if you go by days it is much longer. So on a one day resolution for us, it wouldn't be 1 day. It would be 9 hours 45 minutes. 2 days would be 19.5 hours etc.

Hope this helps.

Many Thanks

Adam

• Like 1

Thanks @Steve Giller. I had a look at the working time calendar we use yesterday, and it doesn't look as though bank holidays have been applied. I think we have a bit of work to do around that as most requests/incidents wouldn't be picked up during bank holidays but we have an out of hours, on call team and the calendar for them would need to be 24/7 365, so maybe we need a separate calendar for that particular priority. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Adam Toms said:

Hi @JanS2000 this will be based on your working time calendars. You can check this in the working time calendars in the Platform configuration setting.

So for example for us our working day calendar non 24 by 7 is 9 and 3/4 hours.

Which might explain if you go by days it is much longer. So on a one day resolution for us, it wouldn't be 1 day. It would be 9 hours 45 minutes. 2 days would be 19.5 hours etc.

Hope this helps.

Many Thanks

Adam

Thanks @Adam Toms, I'll have another look at the calendars, I appreciate your help.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Victor said:

@JanS2000 @Adam Toms : for future reference

I'm not going to claim I understand all of it but the excel sheet is brilliant and has helped me no end, you are a star @Victor, thank you! I've updated the SLA I was stuck on and just done another test, which has resulted in the target resolution date of 6th January, which is bang on, thank you! 

• Like 1