Query re Dashboards - ! There are no Charts configured or visible

JanS2000

Hi, I've created a dashboard and everything looks okay, they're available for use and shared with various teams, and I've also shared them with myself, but when I click on Switch to my Dashboards in the request list, I get the message " ! There are no Charts configured or visible". I've checked the WIKI to make sure I've set it up right, and it all seems to be. Do I need to enable something to make them visible? Any help or advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

Okay so I've created some charts in one view we've got, which show when I click the Dashboard icon in the request list which will be okay for some basic charts, but it's the dashboards I created in the config (advanced analytics) that I expected to see in here. Where are those visible? It's something I want to share with managers and other ICT teams, but I can't figure out where they would see them. 

image.png.dfd5d3052024123c491a7b6e41363e5f.png

Sorry forgot to add the Dashboard you have in the back end is more for having a live dashboard showing activities - as an example we have some back end dashboards configured for our Service Desk, and the dashboards are displayed on some wall mounted screens for the team to view. These include data like number of new requests raised, number of requests resolved, number of requests assigned to each analyst etc.

So 2 dashboards in effect - back end one for team use (like the Service Desk example) and Request List dashboard view for viewing request data within a team

Thanks !

Thanks @Adrian Simpkins, I've already shared them with the service desk team, and with me specifically, but I'm unsure where other people will be able to access these, as not everyone has the same level of access as me. I've been accessing them via the config settings.

Thanks for your help with this, I appreciate it :-)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JanS2000 said:

Do I need to enable something to make them visible?

By default, Request List Views are set to hidden when shared.
The recipient needs to open the Request List, then Views->Shared Views->[View_Name] and click on the cog icon, then the eye icon to set it to visible.
This is to ensure that once a User has their Dashboard configured to their liking this is not altered by another User sharing a View with them.

Advanced Analytics is a separate part of the Application and its Dashboards feature is intended to create dashboards to be shown on a full-screen display, often to give a view of overall performance metrics etc. These are not available in the Request List View.

• Like 1